Saturday, April 25, 2009

A glimpse of my city

I thought it would be neat to share a little more about where I live :) Above is where New Port Richey is located in Florida. It's about an hour north of Tampa.
Here's the city entrance, I love all the flowers! Here's a couple stats of NPR:

Population:

16,334

Incorporated: 1924

Founder: Captain Aaron M. Richey

Unemployment: 4.4% (I think this is higher now lol)

Famous Firsts & Trivia: New Port Richey was selected as the future home site for famous silent film stars before the depression changed the economics of the plan. Silent film stars Gloria Swanson and Thomas Meighan were frequent visitors of the town. The coastline west of New Port Richey served as the location for the 1978 Lee Majors film, The Norseman.

Major Economic Engines in the Area: Citrus products, Retailing, Healthcare

Cost of Living:



93.13% of U.S. Average of 100%

Major Employers: School District, Government, Hospital


Here's one of the boating ramps, my parents in-laws have a boat, so I hope sometime we'll go on the river!
Here's a really nice mural in the downtown area.
Here's one of the nicest beaches in the area, Clearwater Beach. It's about 45 minutes south of where we live. I really hope we get to go to the beach soon! Esp. since it's getting hot now!

5 comments:

Busy little Bee said...

I really like your city. You are lucky to live in in such a nice part of the US I think.:o)
What is special for me to see in the US is the entrances to the cities. We don't have anything like that here. I think it is colorful and nice.:o)

Laura said...

Thank you for sharing these infos. I find such things very interesting to read. I always chalenge my penfriends to tell me more about the place where they live. :)

Samantha said...

Have a look at my blog ... there's a surprise !

PrincessTejera said...

Cool I'm glad you gals like it! You should make a blog on where you live, I would be very interested to see it too! :)

KnittingArchivist said...

Hi Steph! Your home city is really beautiful! :)